Day Camp Counselor- Livonia Family YMCA
- Salary/Pay Rate:$9.25/hr
- Posted Date:04/09/2018
- Deadline to Apply:05/29/2018
The Livonia Family YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit is seeking positive role models who are caring, outgoing, creative, love to have fun, enjoy being outside, and want to make a positive impact in the lives of youth in our day camp programs. The primary responsibility of a Day Camp Youth Development Counselor is to watch kids to ensure their safety and fun while at day camp.
· Serve as a role model for all youth participating in the day camp program by displaying exemplary behavior at all times.
· Plan, assist, and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values for campers.
· Be willing to dress up, save the world, sing a song and lose the game when needed.
· Ensure a safe and nurturing environment; attending to the needs of campers at all times.
· Be welcoming to all campers, parents and other staff.
· Consciously create a climate in camp to foster the goals and objectives of the YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit.
· Supervise a group of 6 – 12 children.
· Foster positive relationship opportunities amongst the campers in your group and within the whole camp.
· Attend all staff meetings and trainings.
· Assume equal responsibility of general housekeeping tasks.
· Following YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical situations and behavior management, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
Daily camp activities include: creating memories, building friendships, increasing confidence, fostering smiles and developing the leaders of tomorrow through swimming, games, arts & crafts, science, literacy, and much more! If you believe in the YMCA core values of honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring, and want to make a difference in the life of a child, please apply.
· Ideal candidates will be available for training in May through the final day of camp, August 31.
· Experience working with youth preferred.
· At least 18 years of age.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Meets the requirements set forth by the state-licensing agency. Documentation of DHS clearance prior to starting work, TB skin test within 30 days, and CPR, First Aid, AED, and Child Safe certifications are required within 60 days.
· Complete Blood Borne Pathogens training, Redwoods, and concussion trainings as required.
· Ability to walk, stand, and sit (including on the floor) for long periods of time.
· Ability to plan, lead and participate in all physical activities
· Ability to sit and stand from a seated position on the floor when interacting with children.
· Capability to be outside participating for the majority of the day.
How to Apply:
If interested please contact Youth Development Manager, Kelly Plocharczyk, at email@example.com to apply.