Dispatcher- Nankin Transit Commission
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$11-$14/hr
- Posted Date:06/13/2018
- Deadline to Apply:07/31/2018
Under the direct supervision of the assistant manager, the dispatcher receives telephone calls and trip reservations through our website, books trip reservations, relays service and fare information to the public. The dispatcher checks to determine the best scheduling available through our computerized scheduling software. The dispatcher is responsible for constantly monitoring and maintaining contact with Nankin Transit drivers as to schedules and conditions that may effect on time performance of Nankin Transit buses.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responds to customer calls and inquiries to provide information regarding our service, including but not limited to, fare information, booking trips, and pick up and drop off times.
2. Reviews and revises as necessary, all trip bookings for accuracy, completeness, and proper placement into our scheduling computer.
3. Thoroughly evaluate all reasonable methods to accommodate difficult trips, such as but not limited to, trips that cannot be routinely booked such as standing orders, group runs, school runs and other types of trips that might arise and be brought to the attention of the assistant manager
4. Maintain a courteous, friendly and professional demeanor with the public and co-workers.
5. Process and file any reports and other paperwork as necessary.
6. Maintain a neat and clean dispatch work area.
7. Change assignments of drivers as required.
8. Update the vehicle status board.
9. Maintain communications with all drivers in the field with our two-way communication system.
10. Cash out drivers at the end of their shift and record their fare box totals.
11. Perform special projects and other duties as directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent ( 2 years of college preferred)
2. 1 year experience in office call taking and dispatching (Knowledge of Route Match software a plus)
3. Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel.
4. Strong Human relations skills and a desire to work with the public especially senior citizens and disabled citizens.
5. The ability to speak clearly and distinctly and have the ability to listen well.
6. Good mathematical and written skills.
7. Knowledge of our service area, i.e. streets, landmarks and addresses is a plus
Apply in person. 32150 Dorsey. Westland, MI 48185