Absentee Ballots

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option


Absentee Ballots:

Request an Absentee Ballot Application for an upcoming election by calling 734-793-9432 and leaving your name and address. An Application will be mailed to you. Applications will also be available on this webpage and at City Hall approximately two months before each election.

You may also obtain an application by clicking on this link, completing the form and submitting it to the City Clerk's Office: 

2019 - August Special LPS School Election -  Absentee Voter Application

All registered voters are eligible to request an Absentee Ballot. You may apply in person or by mail.


Returning Your Voted Absentee Ballot:

 By Mail:  Absentee ballots can be mailed back to the Clerk's Office via the US Postal Service. Adequate postage must be placed on the envelope. Please send absentee ballots as soon as possible to avoid mailing delays. Ballots must be received by Election Day in order to count.

By Drop-Off:  Absentee ballots can be returned any time of day or night by using the White - City of Westland Mail Box located on the East side of City Hall (near the regular US Postal Mailbox). NO postage is necessary when using the White -  City of Westland Mail Box. Ballots will be accepted until 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.


Permanent Absentee Voter List:

A registered voter in the City of Westland can request to be added to this list in order to receive an Absent Voter Application prior to each election. Recipients of these applications must complete the application for each election and return it to the Clerk's Office in order to receive a ballot.

Follow the link in red,  complete the required form and submit to the Clerk's office to be placed on this list. 

Request for Permanent List


Military and Overseas Citizen Absentee Ballots:

If you are an active duty member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine, the family of an active duty member of the Uniformed Services or Merchant Marine, or if you are a U.S. Citizen residing outside of the United States you may request an absentee ballot by completing a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) and submitting it to the Westland City Clerk's office. Visit https//www.fvap.gov/michigan for more information.