- No events
From the desk of
MAYOR WILLIAM R. WILD
It is with much enthusiasm that I bring the Passport to a Healthy City campaign to the residents of the City of Westland.
The Passport to a Healthy City campaign will promote healthy, active lifestyles for all of Westland’s residents through the development of fun, convenient programs created as a result of strong public/private partnerships between the City of Westland, local businesses and its residents. By encouraging our residents to work towards a healthier lifestyle through education, diet and exercise the goal of this campaign is to become recognized as one of the healthiest cities in America.
Traveling throughout Westland and enjoying a healthy meal at one of our many restaurants, visiting the William P. Faust Library, using the Bailey Recreation Center, the Westland Friendship Center, golfing or ice skating are only some of the many activities that can lead to a healthier lifestyle. Fill your passport and show that you have the dedication to take my challenge and become a healthy member of the All American City.
So, let’s get healthy Westland!
HOW IT WORKS
- Obtain a Passport to a Healthy City at Mayor Wild’s office or any City building
- Complete a program, attend an event or participate in an eligible activity, which are available online at www.cityofwestland.com/healthycity
- Once you’ve completed a program or activity, get your passport stamped
- Try to fill your passport with stamps from a variety of eligible activities
- Register to earn prizes, coupons and discounts to participating vendors and retailers at www.cityofwestland.com/healthycity/
- And most importantly, have fun, create memories and get healthy!
- …and do it all over again!