Police Chief Mayor
Jeffrey Jedrusik William C. Wild
Westland Police Department
Police Service Aide
The Westland Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Police Service Aide. This is a part time position.
The primary responsibility of the Police Service Aide is prisoner management. This includes searching all in-coming prisoners, processing prisoners, feeding, administering prisoner medications, escorting prisoners to and from court and arranging transportation of prisoners to other facilities.
Secondary functions of the Police Service Aide includes answering non-emergency phone calls and report writing.
1. Be a citizen of the United States or resident alien with the right to work in the United
2. Be a resident of the State of Michigan; and
3. Be at least eighteen (18) years old; and
4. Have a high school diploma or a valid equivalency certificate; and
5. Possess and maintain a valid Michigan driver’s license; and
6. Be free from any physical defects, chronic diseases, organic diseases, organic or
functional conditions, or mental and emotional instabilities which may tend to impair
the efficient performance of duties or which might endanger the lives of others or the
individual employee; and
7. The applicant must have successfully passed the MCOLES Physical Fitness and
8. Applicant must pass a background investigation.
How to Apply
Police Service Aides for the City of Westland are eligible to earn EXTRA civil service points when applying for the position of entry level Police Officer with the City of Westland.