- Departments O - Z
- Police Department
- Investigative & Administrative Bureaus
- Support Services / Records Bureau
Support Services / Records Bureau
Services & Fees
- Freedom of Information Act/Discovery Requests:
- Audio/Video: $2 per CD or DVD plus labor
- Documents $0.15 per page
- Labor for locating, reproducing, redacting, and reviewing above items: $1.00 per minute charged in 15-minute increments
- Photographs on CD: $37
- You may submit an FOIA request for copies of reports, etc. online.
- Local Record/Background Checks - $11 - Please be aware that this is a local City of Westland check only. If you require a full background check you will need to visit the MSP ICHAT website for an application
- Notary Fee for Gun Permits - $11
- Report Copies - $11 (requestor must be listed in the report). These requests must be done in person at the Records Counter Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm
- State of Michigan Criminal History Checks
- Traffic Accident Reports
- Applicant/Personal Fingerprinting - For Westland residents only and by appointment only. Please schedule online or call 734-713-3698 to schedule. Cost is $16 per two cards. (We do not have electronic/Live Scan fingerprinting available).The Westland Police Department only has the RI-008 (Michigan State Police Applicant and Personal Identification) cards on hand. Any other fingerprint cards must be supplied by the requestor.
Residents that need to pickup their property from the Police Department can schedule an appointment online or call 734-713-3698.
Gun Registrations/Applications - No Charge
You only need a Permit to Purchase if you are buying a handgun from a private citizen. If you are purchasing a handgun from a licensed gun dealer, they will handle the background check at their facility. If you have a valid Concealed Pistol License (CPL) you do not need a purchase permit to buy a gun from a private citizen. If you do not qualify for either of the above and need a Permit to Purchase, please come to the Westland Police Department Records Bureau Monday-Friday 9am to 4pm to begin the application process. Applicants must have a valid ID and be a Westland resident.
Concealed Weapons License (CPL) Application Packets
Available at no charge. For completed applications or questions regarding processing contact Wayne County Clerk's Office at 313-224-6262 or visit the Wayne County website.
CPL Fingerprinting is available for Westland residents only at a cost of $16. View more information on our CPL Fingerprinting policy (DOC)