Golfing During COVID-19
Mack Mayfield Municipal Golf Course staff are dedicated to protecting the health and safety of our customers and employees. Mack Mayfield Municipal Golf Course operations will align with recommendations issued by local health departments and the public health orders issued by the State of Michigan.
We will continue to update and modify procedures and service levels as staffing levels and public health updates allow. In order to remain open, and for everyone’s protection, all customers must adhere to the following rules.
- Rental carts will be available.
- Staff will clean and sanitize golf carts and pull carts after each use.
- Pull carts are available for rent.
- Rental club sets are not available.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed near high touch areas.
- Staff will have a hand sanitizer placed behind the counter solely for their use.
- Signage will be posted reminding customers to maintain spacing of 6 feet as well as providing additional tips and regulations.
- Paper receipts will be provided upon request only.
- Scorecards and pencils will be removed from the counter and will be issued when customers check in.
- If possible, we recommend one person pay for the entire group and settle up later with other party members.
- 25 Person Capacity Limit in Mack's Pro Shop and Grill.
- Mask must be worn when in Mack's Pro Shop and Grill.
On the Course
- Please adhere to physical distancing of six feet at all times; this includes with everyone in your group and staff members.
- Leave flagsticks in the cup at all times.
- Bunker rakes, ball washers, water coolers, sand/seed bottles, and other common touch items have been removed from the course.
- Porta-Johns on the course will be open. Please be prepared with your own sanitizer for before and after use.
- Putting Green available (keep 6ft distance).
- No sharing of golf clubs.
Mack's Pro Shop
- All payments will be conducted at the front desk of Mack's Pro Shop.
- Mack's Pro Shop counter and credit card machine will be disinfected frequently.
- A 3ft by 8ft shield has been installed for safety.
- Mack's Pro Shop will be open to the public.
- Staff are available to assist customers and will be required to wear mask.
- Clubhouse restrooms will be open; please adhere to physical distancing and do not congregate in the restrooms or hallways.
Food and Beverage Service
- Food and beverages will be served from front counter with limited menu.
- Must be seated while eating & drinking.
- Limit 6 people per table.
- Health Questionnaire Must be completed if you are seated in Mack's Grill area.
Mack Mayfield Staff
- Will be screened prior to each shift.
- Required to wear a mask.
- Staff have completed training on proper mask usage and hand washing.
- Employee with any symptoms will not be allowed to work until they meet required criteria from City of Westland to return.
- Sanitize bathrooms and all high touch points frequently (countertops, tables, phones, mouse, faucets, door handles, etc).