This year I am asking City Council to consider the adoption of a three year balance budget. This is considered a best practice in the municipal industry and would be a major milestone in the financial history of the City. Attached are the 2022‐23, 2023‐24, and 2024‐25 proposed General Fund budgets.
The Water & Sewer Fund, Capital Improvement Fund, and the Library Fund are also included. The budgets have been incorporated into the City’s six‐year plan. The proposed budgets include the following columns:
- the prior three fiscal year’s actual numbers,
- the current amended budget,
- the actual account balances through March 31, 2022,
- the projected 2021‐22 year end balances,
- the proposed 2022‐23, 2023‐24, and 2024‐25 budgets, and
- the estimated budgets for the next three fiscal years.
The future estimated budgets will be used to help forecast and plan for changes to the budget. The 2022‐23 proposed budgets incorporates various restructuring of personnel and job duties throughout various departments and funds.
You can read the full Letter from the Mayor to the City Council (PDF) and the Proposed 2022-2023 Budget (PDF) for more information.