How do I apply for a job with the City?

City employment is governed by the Civil Service Commission for general employees and by the Police and Fire Civil Service Commission for police officers and firefighters. The process for being hired by the City includes completing an employment application, providing references and other needed information and successful completion of testing, interviewing and background investigations. The requirements for seeking employment with the City will be included in employment notices. Applications are accepted for employment when a notice seeking applicants is posted on the City website and advertised in the City’s paper of record.

Show All Answers

1. How do I apply for a job with the City?
2. How do I find information about job vacancies?
3. I retired from the City and have moved. How do I provide new contact information?
4. I have a questions regarding my health or dental insurance coverage?
5. I work for the City or retired from the City and need to update my life insurance beneficiary. How would I do that?
6. I have gotten married, had a baby, or need to remove an adult aged dependent from my insurance plan(s). How would I do that?
7. I am a City employee; a member of my family is ill and I need time off to care for him. What do I do?
8. I am a City employee and will need time off work due to a health condition. What do I need to do so that I may address my health condition?
9. As a City employee, how do I obtain a copy of my Union contract?
10. As an employee of the City, I would like to review my personnel file?
11. I work for the City and would like to enroll in a deferred compensation plan, who do I contact?
12. I have changed banks, how do I update my direct deposit information with Payroll?
13. I’ve gotten married, how do I change my income tax withholding?