How do I change the name on my property?

All request for name changes (including removing a spouse and name changes due to marriage/divorce) must be submitted on a Property Transfer Affidavit.

If you continue to occupy the property as your primary residence, a new Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit needs to be completed as well.

Both forms, if applicable, need to be completed and returned to the Assessor’s Office by mail, or in-person.

PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a Property Transfer Affidavit will only update tax records and NOT the deed of the property. Any changes to the legal ownership (deed) must be recorded with the Wayne County Register of Deeds office.

Show All Answers

1. Is assessment information available online?
2. What if I feel the information for my property is incorrect?
3. How do I change the mailing address where I would like my tax bills and assessment notifications sent to for my property?
4. How do I change the name on my property?
5. How do I view the survey of my property to determine my lot lines?
6. How do I obtain tax amounts and tax due dates?
7. Who do I contact for a tall grass concern, unregistered rental, or blight?