How do I open a business?

If you will be occupying an existing building you will need to fill out and submit a re-occupancy application. Before doing so please verify that the proposed use is allowed in the existing zoning district for the property. The Planning Department will verify the use is permitted and will pass the application over to the Building Department to schedule inspections and determine any necessary permits. If the property passes the final inspections a Certificate of Occupancy will be issued.

If you are developing a property, you will need to go through the Site Plan approval process. Please contact the Planning Department. 

Show All Answers

1. What is zoning?
2. What is my property zoned?
3. What can I use my property for under the classified zoning?
4. Can I rezone my property?
5. How do I measure setbacks?
6. Can the City provide me with a survey of my property?
7. How do I open a business?
8. Where can I install a fence?
9. What is a zoning ordinance?
10. What is a variance?
11. Who reviews and approves site plans?
12. Can I build a detached garage, pole barn, or shed?
13. Is my lot/parcel buildable?