Report a Water Main Break


Water main breaks have a significant effect upon the water supply of all residents within the area of the City impacted so it is important to report them as promptly as possible when they appear.

To Report

  • For an immediate response during business hours, please call 734-728-1770 to speak to one of the department's staff.
  • For an immediate response after hours or on weekends, please call 734-722-9600 to report the issue with the Police Department.
  • The water main break can be reported through the water main break online form or through the City's Click and Fix mobile app which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
  • Lastly, the water main break can be reported by emailing