2023 Election Dates
City Primary Election - August 8, 2023
City General Election - November 7, 2023
Register to Vote
There are two options for registering to vote:
- View the Michigan Voter Registration (PDF), complete the Voter Registration Application, and return to the City Clerk's Office by mail or in-person.
- Register online at the Michigan Voter Information Center.
Visit the State of Michigan Voter Registration website for more information about the process and to get other versions of the voter registration application, like a large format version.
If you register by mail or email and are a first time Michigan voter, you must vote at your designated Polling location and show your picture identification on Election Day.
- You may register by mail, online, or in-person at the City Clerk's Office up until fifteen days prior to each election.
- Registration fourteen days prior to Election Day, up to and including Election Day, must be done in person at the City Clerk's Office with "Proof of Residency."
Acceptable Proof of Residency
Acceptable proof of residency are:
- Valid Michigan driver's license or personal identification card
- Copy of a pay stub, utility bill, bank statement, or government document with your name and address printed on it.
Acceptable Forms of Picture Identification (ID)
You will be asked to show photo ID at the precinct when voting or if receiving an absentee ballot in person at the City Clerk's Office. A voter who does not have an acceptable picture ID or did not bring an acceptable picture ID to the polls will be allowed to vote after signing an Affidavit of Voter Not in Possession of Picture Identification at the poll location.
Following is a list of acceptable forms of picture ID. All forms must be current, except for a Michigan Driver's License or PID. Acceptable forms of ID are:
- Driver's license or personal identification card issued by another state
- Federal or state government-issued picture identification
- Michigan driver's license or personal identification card
- Military identification card with a picture
- Student identification with a picture from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education
- Tribal identification card with a picture
- U.S. passport