The City of Westland has an emergency alerting system in place to help provide immediate critical information about emergencies impacting our City. These messages provide you with information to protect your property, your family, and yourself.
This emergency alerting system is from CodeRED and provides alerts for many things including:
- Adverse weather, like tornado alerts
- Missing persons
- Criminal activity in your area
- Water contamination
- Utility outages
- Road closures
- Various threats to people, property, or the environment
- And more!
How to Enroll
Enrolling in the emergency alerting program from CodeRED is super easy! You have two options to enroll:
- Text WESTLANDALERTS to 24639 to receive the link to create an account
- Go to www.cityofwestland.com/westlandalerts to enroll online
With your new account you can customize the messaging you receive:
- You can select the language the messages are sent to you in (English. Spanish, Arabic, and more languages coming)
- Select if you want to receive a voice message (great for landlines), text, and/or email alerts
- Provide your home or secondary address for more specific messages for your area
Be sure to go to https://accountportal.onsolve.net/cityofwestlandmi to access your account afterward to keep it up to date.
- What if I already signed up for Nixle? Do I need this account?
- Yes, you need to sign up for a new account. This new system is replacing our old Nixle alerting system to provide better service to our residents.
- Can I use this service with a landline?
- Yes, you can!
- Is there any cost to me to enroll?
- This system is completely free to use.
- Do I have to be a resident to receive these alerts?
- No you do not need to be a resident. This is perfect to get alerts that could impact your business or relatives that live in the area.