- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
Here you will find all the resources you need to file a Freedom of Information Act request with the City of Westland.
You can complete your FOIA request:
- Online by submitting our Online FOIA Request
- Digitally by downloading and completing the appropriate forms, located below:
- What is the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)?
- Who can make a FOIA request?
- How do I make a FOIA request?
- Where do I send a FOIA request?
- Is there a special form I have to use to make a FOIA request?
- What can I ask for under the FOIA?
- Who handles FOIA requests?
- How is a FOIA request processed?
- How much does it cost to make a FOIA request?
- Can I ask that any fees be waived?
- What will I receive in response to a FOIA request?
- How long will it take before I get a response?
- Can I ever have my request processed faster than usual or expedited?
- Are there special requirements for obtaining records on myself?
- What about requirements for obtaining records on someone else?
- What are FOIA exemptions?
- What are exclusions?
- How do I file an administrative appeal?
- What is the Presumption of Openness and who issues guidance to agencies on the FOIA?